[Orca-users] Re: Trouble running 'ocra' from 'cron'.

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Nov 29 15:57:33 PST 2001

Douglas Valkenaar wrote:

> As suggested - to get rid of the stale file errors - I've been running
> 'orca' from cron.  Two nights ago, apparently the 'lock' directory got left
> behind and updates stopped for a day.  Now, when I removed the lock
> directory, updates have started back up but what's going to tell 'orca' to
> grab the previous day's files (I've got a hole in my graphs)?  Will this
> happen automatically or do I need to manage this manually?
>
> Just trying to get this running cleanly.  Thanks for all your help!!

When Orca starts up again, its smart enough to see which files it hasn't
loaded all of the data from and load them in the proper order, as determined
by sorting the percol-* or orcallator-* file names.

It sounds like this didn't happen and if you have a whole of missing data,
the only way to remedy this is to remove all of your RRD files and restart
Orca again.  RRD files only allow data to be added that is newer than the
newest data point in the RRD file.