[Orca-users] Re: Accumulation of orca defunct processes over time.

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Oct 10 13:36:37 PDT 2001

Well, at this point I think you'll have to look into Orca itself and see
if you can determine the problem and solution.  Maybe the patch didn't work
correctly that should have solved this problem.

The place to debug is in lib/Orca/SourceFile.pm around the end of the file:

  } elsif ($file_status == -1 or
           $close_once_done   or
           $self->[I_REOPEN]  or
           $open_file_cache->is_pipe($fid)) {
    $open_file_cache->close($fid) or
      warn "$0: warning: cannot close `$sfile_fids[$fid]' for reading: $!\n";
  }

The other place to look at is in lib/Orca/OpenFileHash.pm and the variable
is_pipe.

Blair