[Orca-users] Resync all Orca data

Bob Johnson rljrlj at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 07:43:35 PDT 2001

Hello Blair

Some of my html files had been deleted and I wanted to get everything up
to date. I did the old trick of removing all html and rrd files and
restarting orca. This time though not all the html files came back. I
have done this before and it has always worked. Now thought I have
several months worth of data from many machines.

Over the time of the regeneration there were 1268 messages like:
bin/orca: warning: cannot create Orca::HTMLFile object: cannot open
`/home/html_out/o_bbuxas05-monthly.html.htm' for writing: Too many open
files.

So the question is: Will the missing files eventually be created as new
data arrives and the htmls have to be updated?

Or should I do the following:
1 - stop Orca
2 - shutdown orcallator.se on the machines I monitor
3 - remove all rrd and html files
4 - move all previous data out of the area where Orca normally looks for
it.
5 - do the following 3 step loop, until all old data is back in
 a - move a little old data to Orca's regular data collection area
 b - start Orca, let it pickup this data and make the html's
 c - stop Orca, go back to 'a'
6 - after all the old data is processed start Orca and the orcallators

Thanks for you help

rlj

PS - Thanks for writing Orca. It has been very helpful and allowed me to
find various problems and come up with solutions.
--
Bob Johnson,   Tellabs Operations,   Bob.Johnson at tellabs.com,
630-512-7023