[Orca-users] Re: Format change in 0.27b

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Oct 12 00:04:00 PDT 2001

Hi Bernard,

I sent this to you in a separate message, but it's probably useful for
everybody on the list.

The change was necessary as I made the naming for the RRD files and HTML
files more general.  This was to fix the problem if the same data was loaded
into a GAUGE and a DERIVE style RRD, there would be no way to distinguish
them in the RRD filename.  In fact, the names would collide.

There's no easy way to have a Perl script do the renaming as was did in
the previous upgrades, because now an additional piece of information is
included in the output filename, in this case the style of RRD file.

Does the development box run fine and are the plots consistent between the
two versions of Orca?