[Orca-users] Idea

Phillip B. Bruce pbbruce at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 14 10:29:35 PDT 2001

Blair,

    I've come up with idea and wanted to pass my thoughts on the group.

    While Orca is neat and finally working after the hard work that you
and Alan put in to fix
    my problem. I was looking at the output. I felt that it could be
organize a little different. Not
    that this is ok but would make sense to users needing to see only
certain things.

    Let me give an example:

    System
    Network
    Services
    Databases
   Application

   The above would be main one. Then they would break out like so:

    System -  Cpu, Memory,  Swap,  Disk Space
    Network - Interfaces, TCP
    Services -  NFS,  Web Servers,
    Databases - filesystem, tablespaces, transactions
    Application - ERP, CRM's  ( Thinking about this one)

    The idea is that it would break out the sections into meaningful
ones that can be
     quickly address instead of having to look and do the hunt.
Althought it isn't that hard
     but I was thinking along the lines of making things even easier to
find.

     Any thoughts to this.

*** Phillip B. Bruce                                     ***
*** http://pbbruce.home.mindspring.com                   ***
*** pbbruce at mindspring.com                               ***
*** "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than    ***
*** you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you    ***
*** is a maniac." - George Carlin                        ***