[Orca-users] Re: orca still displaying zeros

bajones at SKY.NET bajones at SKY.NET
Thu Oct 18 11:19:21 PDT 2001

--- In orca-users at y..., Blair Zajac <blair at o...> wrote:
> Can you send the diffs to orcallator.se you made?
>
> I would look at orcallator.cfg quickly to see if there's any
problems with
> it for the freemem plot so that it won't display the data.
>
> How long did you wait before checking Orca's new plots for the data
> show up?
>
> Blair

These are the changes I made -

/*    double updates;  */
    uint updates;

#define PGTOK(n)            (((n) * pagesize) / 1024)
#define DELTA(name)         (new_vminfo.name - old_vminfo.name)
#define COMPUTE(name)       PGTOK(DELTA(name) / updates)

rather than call COMPUTE/PGTOK/DELTA, I did all the calculations that
are called by COMPUTE down in the code.

I left orca running for about 12 hours before I checked to see if it
was producing anything on the graph, and I could see in the
percollator report that I am now getting valid numbers rather than
the zeros that I was getting.  But still nothing in the graph....