[Orca-users] Re: Some helps for orcaservices

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Oct 19 16:20:57 PDT 2001

jpnguyen at canal-plus.fr wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I wanted to install orcaservices to use with orcallator.se,
> but I don't how to install Time-Hires v1.20
>
> When I applied Makefile.in.diff, configure.diff and
> configure.in.diff patches ( including orcaservices.tar.gz ),
> I got some errors messages when I run make:
>
> % > make
>
> make to-autoconf
> aclocal -I config --output=config/aclocal.m4 && autoconf
> --localdir=config
> sh: aclocal: not found
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `to-autoconf'
> Current working directory /admin/orca/orca-0.26
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `configure'
>
> % >
>
> I use Orca 0.26 on Solaris 2.6.
>
> If someone used orcaservices, please give me some helps
> or some e-mail address for these helps.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best regards
>
> Jean-Paul.

Jean-Paul,

Patching 0.26 with orcaservices isn't supported.  I would instead use orca
0.27b2 which has orcaservices included in it.  It'll be easier to use and
you'll get several key patches to Orca that are not in Orca 0.26.

If you do want to stick with 0.26, let me know and I'll see if I can help
out.

Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> - Perl & sysadmin services for hire
OS & web analysis - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/