[Orca-users] Re: Graph Different Days from percol-xxxx-xx-xx

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Nov 5 16:45:08 PST 2002

broodb wrote:

> Hi everybody. I hope you guys can help me with this question. Is it
> possible to graph old information with orca??? I mean, for example, I
> want to graph a yesterday's information in a daily graph. Is that
> possible?? Can you tell me how to do it??? Thanks a lot. Oh, and by
> the way, thanks a lot for your work Blair.

No, that's not really easy.  The RRDtool that Orca uses only allows
newer data to be entered and there are no facilities in Orca to only
plot old data.

What most people do is run a cron job that copies the HTML file at
midnight or whenever to keep a snapshot of the plots.

Take a look at the contrib/rotate_orca_graphs directory in the Orca
distribution.