[Orca-users] Upgrading from version 0.27b2 to 0.27.

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Nov 19 14:03:01 PST 2002

Leewa wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>      I was wondering what do I need to do when
> upgrading from version 0.27b2 to 0.27?  I was just
> wondering if the upgrade just requires to update the
> orcallator.se and orcallator.cfg files only then
> stopping and restarting orca?  Thanks in advance.

Hi Wayne,

The new version of Orca has newer versions of orcallator.se and
orcallator.cfg, so you'll need to restart orcallator.

Also, orca 0.27 has a new version of the Orca script itself which
requires newer versions of some of the Perl modules and Perl itself,
so you'll have to upgrade those.  All of the required Perl modules
are in the orca-0.27/packages directory.

You should be able to do the configure, make, make install bit
over an existing Orca installation without any trouble, but
make a backup of the install directory just in case.