[Orca-users] Stopping 'file did exist and is now gone' message(s).

isaac r. izsun at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 21:52:02 PST 2002

Well, thanks for the clarification.

Here's a RFE I hope will be "seconded": -
===================================
Provide a configurable option that specifies
what time interval should pass BEFORE files
are being compressed by orcallator.se

===================================

Obviously, well into the second day (beyond midnight),
ORCA realizes to STOP looking for yesterday's file,
and thus such warning emails are no longer being
generated.

I would hate to comment out the entire "warn_email"
line, because I DO want to be notified of any problems
ORCA might experience.

Its just Orca's awareness of orcallator.se file
rotation "thing" needs to happen
more smoothly (and quietly).

(BTW: Looking through orcallator.se that I have,
(version 1.35), I couldn't find what COMPRESSOR
variable
is being set to, yet my files are still being
compressed by orcallator.se ).... Is there a default I
may have overlooked ? Its certainly NOT set in my
environment variables list.

thoughts ?

Thanks,
-I