[Orca-users] Stopping 'file did exist and is now gone' message(s).

isaac r. izsun at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 23 13:03:01 PST 2002

Dear Blair,

Thanks for the direct pointer to a file where to
change this.

I've modified the 'if' one-liner condition.

Here's the synopsis and the 'if' line to change.

# ---------------------------------------
# iz - making a modification to minimize warning
emails
# by checking if the hour on the clock is midnight,
# which means the day has changed within the last
hour.
# If it did, then do not send the warning email and
ignore the
# fact that the file is gone (i.e. possibly
compressed). Otherwise, send
# an email.
# ---------------------------------------

Basically, assuming 'date' lives in '/bin' on
your system, change:

   if ($file_status == -1) {

to:

   if ($file_status == -1) && (`/bin/date

This should do it.  It will also prevent OTHER types
of alarms from being generated, reasons for which
might be
different then due to simply compressing the file.
But this puts a 60 minute cap on a window within which
some warning emails will not be generated.

Thoughts ?

Regards,
-I