[Orca-users] NFS statistics not recorded ?

Renaat Dumon renaat_dumon at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 27 00:50:01 PST 2002

Hi Blair, alan, all,

I just used the tools you mentioned, but I'm puzzled as to what they should
return :-o

# se nfsstat.se
/global/emtc01-ds2/nfs/data from em1-nfs:/global/emtc01-ds2/nfs/data
 Flags:
vers=3,proto=tcp,sec=sys,hard,intr,link,symlink,acl,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,re
trans=5
 All:     srtt=0 (0ms), dev=0 (0ms), cur=0 (0ms)
#

and nfsmonitor doesn't really return much..

# se nfsmonitor.se 10
nfsmonitor.se threshold set at All: srtt=20 (50ms) maximum NFS round trip
time

Starting zoom.se , it says there is no NFS/RPC activity ...

However, orcallator is now running more or less on my NFS server (problem
with the RAW_DISKS there), and the Server activity is reported (number of
ops/s , etc etc) , so there is definately some activity coming from my
clients...

weird weird weird ... :-)

Renaat