[Orca-users] orca-0.27b3 Build

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed Nov 27 19:35:01 PST 2002

Mark Goldenberg wrote:

> I'm trying to configure orca-0.27b3 on a Solari 8 (SPARC) with Perl 5.8.0 and
> I'm getting the following errors:
>
> checking if Perl module Data::Dumper version 2.101 is installed...
> /usr/local/bin/perl: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected
> no

Hi Mark,

Please subscribe to orca-users to send any email to the list.

No, there should be no issues between Perl 5.8.0 and the configure
script.  I use 5.8.0 all the time and test it with Perl and it
works fine.

Can you send the *part* of the config.log output where it shows
the test for the Perl modules?

Can you run /usr/local/bin/perl -v and send that output along?

Plots of your system's performance plots - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/