[Orca-users] can I monitor 2.5.1 systems under orca compiled for 2.6

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Mon Jan 13 10:51:15 PST 2003

jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com wrote:

> I compiled orca for 2.6 and above systems.  Can I install orcallator on
> 2.5.1 systems
> or will it bomb?

It depends upon which portion of Orca you are referring to.

Most of the Perl modules that Orca requires are C code Perl modules
(Data::Dumper, Devel::DProf, Digest::MD5, RRDs, Storable, Time::HiRes).

If you are sharing your Perl installation between OS versions then
you should be compiling and installing them on the oldest OS you have.

The Orca program itself is pure Perl, so there's no issue there.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/