[Orca-users] re: more info: dead zone on all graphs at same time

jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com
Wed Jan 22 13:02:52 PST 2003

>Save the patch to a file, say ~/live-rules-patch.txt, and then run
>the commands
>
>cd /opt/RICHPse
>patch -s -p 0 < ~/live-rules-patch.txt
>
>This should apply with no messages.  If it does, send the message
>along.

OK, here are the results of running the command.  The system name is sb2k.
It does not look like it ran.

Jeff

sb2k# pwd
/opt/RICHPse
sb2k# ls
bin/                   etc/                   lib/ orcallator/
contrib/               examples/              live-rules-patch.txt
perfmon/
doc/                   include/               man/ toptool/
sb2k# patch -s -p 0 < ./live-rules-patch.txt
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R [yes]
Apply anyway? [no] yes
1 out of 2 hunks failed: saving rejects to include/live_rules.se.rej
  I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere.
sb2k# ls include/live_rules.se.rej
include/live_rules.se.rej
sb2k# more include/live_rules.se.rej
***************
*** 151,158 ****
  #endif
    }
    total = pvm.user_time + pvm.system_time + pvm.wait_time +
pvm.idle_time;
-   if (total < 100) {
-     pvm.idle_time += (100 - total);
    }
    return pvm;
  }
--- 151,165 ----
  #endif
    }
    total = pvm.user_time + pvm.system_time + pvm.wait_time +
pvm.idle_time;
+   if (total < 100.0) {
+     pvm.idle_time += (100.0 - total);
+   }
+
+   /* Make sure that total is never greater than 100%.  Better less
+    * than 100% than greater than 100%.  */
+   total = pvm.user_time + pvm.system_time + pvm.wait_time +
pvm.idle_time;
+   if (total > 100.0) {
+     pvm.idle_time -= (total - 100.0);
    }