[Orca-users] Anyone using Orca with rsync?

Liston Bias bias at pobox.com
Tue Oct 7 08:45:31 PDT 2003

I don't think there is a way to get ride of those specific "annoying"
messages about file no longer being present.  Unless I'm seeing issues
with orca, I just pipe all messages to /dev/null.  I do like to check that
recent orca files (non-bz2 files) are not more than 24 hours old... If I
find they are then it usually means orcallator died for some reason,
client isn't talking to server (use push for rsync), or data file not
bzipped (server down/reboots often cause this).

We install orcallator via pkg on jumpstart, so data collection starts
immediately.  I just need to restart orca script on server periodically to
generate new html and acknowledge new data files.  I do this 1-2 times
daily as perl doesn't do a good job releases memory anyway.

  http://www.solarisadmin.com/orca/orcaclient.shtml

- Liston