[Orca-users] RRDs::create error

Scott Dunlap Scott.Dunlap at bcbsnc.com
Thu Oct 16 08:05:23 PDT 2003

I've just installed Orca for the first time and I'm having some problems. I'm attempting to use Orca in a rather unorthodox manor. I'm trying to graph aggregate throughput on my EMC symmetrix storage arrays. I have a script that runs in cron on my ECC server running AIX 5.1. The script calls on a SYMCLI command called symstat. This command returns the number of IOps and KBps for each of the FA ports. I then add these values to get the aggregate throughput over a 5 minute interval. Once I've calculated this I append the output to a data file that I'm attempting to read and graph from Orca.

The data file is of the following form:

date       Symm_ID      IOps KBps
1066310706 000185704519 2710 16661
1066311003 000185704519 2976 20986
1066311304 000185704519 2910 20423
.
.
.

I've attached my config file as well as a file containing the output from the command ./orca -v -v -v ../lib/orca_bcbsnc.cfg. There are several errors the one that seems most problematic is the RRDs::create error.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott