[Orca-users] AIX monitors for Orca

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Thu Aug 19 09:50:01 PDT 2004

Rajesh and company made the AIX orcallator perl scripts, and I've since
cleaned them up and done some verification on them.  I think Rajesh's
scripts are in the current Orca snapshot, but I need to bet Blair my
updates (I'm unable to do the svn dance from work).

However, none of these things, including current orcallators for Solaris
and others, track individual processes, to my knowledge.

I have modified my Solaris install to track ClearCase view_server
processes, as that's been an on-going problem on one of our Suns (they
keep growing in number, and never reduce in number).  But that's merely
a count, not a memory breakdown.

I suppose it wouldn't be difficult to tweak the existing orcallators for
AIX to track memory utilization of processes, but it would result in an
enormous number of data columns to crunch (one column per process).
Unless by "specific processes" you mean "only processes that match a
certain string"?

I've attached my current rev of orca-aixtsm-stat.pl -- Blair, if you
could please incorporate this into the current snapshot, wherever you
deem necessary, that would be great.  It needs to be ./configure-ized
still, though, which I hope to do soon.

--Dragon
PS - the diff was 600+ lines, so I figured I'd just attach the whole
script instead.

Strickland, Lawrence P wrote:

>I am looking for more up to date Orca monitors for AIX. For instance I would like to track the memory utilization of
>specific processes. Does anyone have anything good for AIX ?

	Raytheon

	*David P. Michaels*
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer II W.H.
NPOESS IS
Platform OS Unix
303.344.6840
720.858.5952 fax