[Orca-users] AIX monitors for Orca

Rajesh Verma Rajesh.Verma at PalmettoHealth.org
Mon Aug 23 07:12:29 PDT 2004

Blair,

Did you receive the 2 files I sent you. If you can use the data and
create the graph using orca, that would be great.

Please let us know if you need more data to work on.

-Rajesh

>>> "David Michaels" <dragon at raytheon.com> 8/19/2004 1:32:21 PM >>>

> Shoot.  I did a massive cleanup of this script to make it use better

> perl style.  Now that the code is in subversion, people working on
> modifications should put them selves on the orca-checkins mailing
list
> so that they see when a change has been made that they can
incorporate
> into their own version.

Actually, I'm on that list, but I guess I missed that check-in (I was
on
work travel for a while, and wasn't able to keep up with the email).  I

figured since it had been a few months since this issue was touched, it

might've already been dealt with.  Looks like it was.  By the
work-horse
himself. :)

> One change, for example, instead of using

[.. mkdir example ..]

That's more cleanup than I did.  I did more functionality fixing --
namely, the some of the stats Rajesh's version were reporting weren't
representing the system accurately.  "uptime", for example, was broken.

And I think I added a stat or two, as well.

> So I don't want to just copy this new version in.
>
> Could you do a diff between the previous version and this version and

> see if you could apply the changes to the current version in svn?

Yes, I will do so.  The bulk of my changes were huge chunks of new or
replaced code, rather than little lines here and there, so it should be

pretty easy to do.

> I know you don't have svn access, but can you still download it from

> this URL?

http://svn.orcaware.com:8000/repos/trunk/orca/data_gatherers/aix/orca-aix-stat.pl.in

Yep, I can see that URL.  I'll work on the patches, and send them up.

--Dragon

PALMETTO HEALTH CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately.