[Orca-users] System Overview Graph

jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com
Fri Feb 20 04:56:22 PST 2004

>jeffrey.p.miller at kodak.com wrote:
>>
>> Versions that I am using:
>>
>> Orca: Version 0.27b2
>> Orcallator: Version 1.37
>> SE Toolkit: Version 3.3.1
>>
>> I noticed on this page:
>>
>> http://www.orcaware.com/orca/docs/orcallator.html
>>
>> ...that there was (at one time) a "System Overview" graph.
>>
>> I am not getting that graph.  Is there a way to start creating that
data
>> set?
>
>Jeff,
>
>Are you using the latest orcallator.cfg file that contains this stuff?
>
>http://svn.orcaware.com:8000/repos/trunk/orca/data_gatherers/orcallator/orcallator.cfg.in
>
>If that one doesn't work due to an older version of Orca, then
>try this one
>
>http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/orcallator.cfg-1.36.txt
>
>and continue reducing version numbers until Orca doesn't complain.
>
>Sometimes I update the orcallator.cfg separately from Orca and
>orcallator.se.
>
>Best,
>Blair

I tried adding only the code for the two graphs I'm interested in to my
existing orcallator.cfg file.  That's, the "System Overview" and "Uptime"
graphs.  That did not work.  Or, perhaps the system I'm running it on was
just to low on resources.  The orca process (ran in one-shot mode) kept
running but it took over 16 hours to get through two servers.  I am
monitoring 23 servers.  No good.

So, the question is, am I supposed to be able to just drop the block of
code for the graphs I want into my existing orcallator.cfg file or should
I start with a completely new orcallator.cfg?  Thanks a lot, I'm looking
forward to seeing these System Overview graphs.

Jeff