[Orca-users] question regarding CPU usage graph

Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Wed Jul 7 08:33:57 PDT 2004

> Hi all,
>
> i use Orca to monitor some of our Solaris Servers. I have to say that it
> works really fine. Now, discussing the graphes one question came up: Does
> the graph only show the usage of one CPU (like 'top' does) or represents the
> graph the average usage of all CPUs in my server?  I have 3 CPUs in the
> Server and need to know what the graph really represents.

I'm not sure what you mean by "like 'top' does".  As far as I'm aware,
top on Solaris never shows the usage of individual CPUs.

The Orca graphs should be the same as the top figures (an aggregate).

Do you use pbind or psrset so that the figures for one CPU would be
significantly different from the system as a whole?

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com