[Orca-users] RE: Orca-users Digest, Vol 19, Issue 4: Orca for Windows

Justin Corpron JustinC at webMethods.com
Wed Jul 7 12:09:30 PDT 2004

Blair and Rajesh,

  I have a windows machine that I was hoping to setup orcaNT onto but I
couldn't figure out how to. I really appreciate your work and would be happy
to be a guinea pig for installing winallator once you have the files and
such ready.

BTW, Blair, I've been working on a couple of files for monitoring Legato
NetWorker. Once they are all up and playing nice I'll release them for
public use.

  - Justin

--- old message ---
Message: 4
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 09:35:50 -0400
From: "Rajesh Verma" <Rajesh.Verma at PalmettoHealth.org>
Subject: Re: [Orca-users] Orca for Windows
To: blair at orcaware.com
Cc: orca-users at orcaware.com

Hi Blair,

Winallator sounds good.
Yes the orcallator.htm is the same file I sent before. This file anyone
can import to the perfmon and start from there.

Thanks

-Rajesh

Rajesh Verma wrote:

>Hi Blair,

>Sorry for not getting back early. I was on vacation to India.

Hi Rajesh,

Hope you had a great vacation.

I just checked this code into Orca in revision 363.

http://www.orcaware.com/pipermail/orca-checkins/2004-June/000242.html

I renamed OrcaNT to winallator for two reasons.  First, since it is a
data

measurement tool and not a data plotting tool, it deserves a name for a
data

gatherer.  Second, the orcaNT portion of the original orcaNT package was
just a

patch to orca.pl that removed the call to 'ps aux' and reducing the
package

requirements.

>>Do you have any instructions on how to set up Windows to log this

>>data?

>I can write one quickly for you.

Thanks for writing this.  I'm using this as a basis for a README for
what I'm

calling winallator.

>I am also attaching  the counter log file which I am using for

>reference. Which can be copied to the

>Windows Server and select that orcallator.htm

Is this the same as the orcallator.htm you sent several months ago.

>I hope this helps.

Yes, definitely.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/