[Orca-users] fjge interface support for Fujitsu solaris servers.

Richard.Grevis at ubs.com Richard.Grevis at ubs.com
Sat Mar 6 05:41:45 PST 2004

Not directly,

but I believe another Orca user got it going. His name is Tommy Henriksen. I'm not too sure on where he is at.
Failing that, I can tell you the steps to take. In fact I just followed the Se toolkit FAQ instructions:
http://www.setoolkit.com/FAQ.html#3

Pasted also here (of couse it takes longer than implied by the intructions, and you may get errors on subscripts beyond the end of arrays. See http://www.setoolkit.com/FAQ.html#9 ):

Q: SE doesn't see my network interface. Is there a way to add it on the fly?

   1. Run dumpkstats.se and find the paragraph that describes the interface. Let's say it's the xyz card, you'd see a "xyz.0.xyz0" paragraph.
   2. Graft the paragraph into the kstat.se file with the same syntax as the other NIC structures. Something like:

   kstat struct "xyz:" ks_xyz_network {
       int    number$;       /* linear interface number */
       string name$;         /* name of the interface   */

       // graft the dumpkstats paragraph here
   };

   3. Make sure the syntax in kstat.se is correct. If the structure has any members like "number of input bytes" make sure you declare it as

      ulong_t "number of input bytes";

      See the users manual for more info on this.
   4. Edit netif.se and make the same type of changes that you see for all the other interface types.
   5. Run net.se and see if the new interface shows up.
   6. Send me the updated kstat.se and netif.se files so I can integrate the changes into the base.