[Orca-users] Logging?

Charles R. Dennett dennett at rochester.rr.com
Wed Mar 31 14:40:08 PST 2004

EdSmith at ca.slr.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to setup logging of error messages on Orca?  I have a
> server that keeps dying for no aparant reason and I was hoping to be
> able to do some logging of error messages (if any) so I can figure out
> why this is happening.  Any help is appreciated.
>
> Ed

Well, you can redirect stderr and stdout to a file.  I have a boot time
script on my Linux server (my previos Solaris setup at work had the same
thing) and the part that starts orca looks like this:

start() {
        if [ -f /usr/local/bin/orca ]; then
           echo "Starting Orca "
           /usr/local/bin/orca  -v /usr/local/lib/procallator.cfg >>
/tmp/orca.out  2>&1 &
        fi
}

Sorry for the line wrap.  That line that starts /isr/local/bin/orca
wrapped when I pasted it here.

Charlie