[Orca-users] SUMMARY: oracalltor on Solaris 9

Kenneth Modrego Kenneth.Modrego at toyota-fs.com
Thu Nov 18 10:01:44 PST 2004

Hey !

Changing the orcallator.se to  Version 1.37 worked perfectly, which make
no sense cos I was using the one included on the SE Toolkit package.. and
it should've worked, it said in the doc that was spcial for Solaris 9 :p

This release is primarily for supporting Solaris 9. Significant, however,
is that it no longer supports Solaris 2.6 or any x86 release. Since the
remaining systems, Solaris 7 through 9 are all 64 bit OS releases, the
only binaries shipped with SE 3.3 are ELF-64 binaries. If you're running
your system in 32 bit mode and need ELF-32 binaries, you need to use SE
3.2.1.

thanks for your help. the debug wasn't necessary.

Best regards,

Kenneth Modrego
UNIX Systems Administrator
Europe & Africa Region
Toyota Financial Services (UK) PLC
Tel:  +44 (0)1737 365509
Fax: +44 (0)1737 365520
mailto:kenneth.modrego at toyota-fs.com

leo.mccoy at kbm1.com
18/11/2004 16:59

kenneth.modrego at toyota-fs.com
cc

Subject
RE: [Orca-users] oracalltor on Solaris 9

First, you should at least download orcallator.se v1.37 from
http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/orcallator.se-1.37.txt and use it.

Then try creating a debug version of the start_orcallator script by
inserting a "-d" in the SE startup line at thus:

# diff start_orcallator start_orcallator.debug
106c106
< nohup $SE $SE_PATCHES -DWATCH_OS $WATCH_WEB $libdir/orcallator.se &
---
> nohup $SE -d $SE_PATCHES -DWATCH_OS $WATCH_WEB $libdir/orcallator.se

Then run your new "debug mode" script and see if SE complains about
anything.
If you're starting orcallator directly and not using the Orca scripts,
then just insert the "-d" as the first option to se.
That's a start on troubleshooting your problem...