[Orca-users] o_<hostname>_gauge_volatile_disk_runp_((?_c\d+t\d+d\d+ ...

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Mon Oct 4 09:54:25 PDT 2004

>Apache returns
>
>Not Found
>The requested URL /orcallator_html/o_gauge_volatile_disk_runp_(( was not found on this server.
>

>Apache/1.3.27 Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 80
>
>It can evidently not handle the '?'  (Solaris is none too happy about the '((' either).

I have Orca 0.27 running, and it generates files with ()'s in them.
Solaris 8 has no problem with that, nor does my Apache server 1.3.26.

Try browsing directly to the file using file://whatever -- my guess is
that the HTML code in the corresponding webpage isn't quoting or
escaping the characters properly.  HTML doesn't like spaces and
questionmarks and stuff, so it replaces them with %## (%20 is 'space')
-- if the URL in the <a href=URL> tag isn't quoted (which isn't a HTML
4.0 compliant way of dealing with odd characters, btw), it could cause
the parsing of the URL to be botched.

I seem to remember having this problem when I first tried to implement
the volatile patch in rev 0.27 .. haven't seen it in a while, though I'm
not running r393 yet.

--Dragon