[Orca-users] as: Value too large for defined data type

Stoltzfus, Mark (HQP) Mark.Stoltzfus at rhi.com
Wed Apr 27 11:19:11 PDT 2005

     This happens to me occasionally on our DB2 databases.  It's
actually the "pids" line, using /usr/ucb/ps.  Use /bin/ps instead, just
make sure that you can still see the "orcallator.se" in the ps output.
Since I don't run any of the other SE toolkit tools regularly, I
actually changed the line in my start_orcallator to just check for the
SE toolkit pathname:

pids=`/bin/ps -ef | $AWK 'RICHPse' && !/awk/ {print $2}'`

There are probably better ways to do it.

FYI,

Mark