[Orca-users] procallator Linux 2.6 style I/O report

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Feb 4 11:07:19 PST 2005

Protzek, Holger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> has anyone a patch for the style i/o report in procallator.pl, that can
> read the kernel 2.6 /proc/diskstats ?
>
> I need the disk i/o stats and if nobody have a patch, I will try to
> write one.
>
> Thanks...
> Holger

Hi Holger,

I vaguely recall seeing one, but I may be mistaken.  You may want to check the
mailing list archives.

One issue that will need to be resolved is the license on procallator.pl, which
has no license:

# Collector for /proc statistics for use with Linux 2.2 and 2.4 kernels.
#
# $HeadURL:
http://svn.orcaware.com:8000/repos/trunk/orca/data_gatherers/procallator/procallator.pl.in
$
# $LastChangedRevision: 299 $
# $LastChangedDate: 2004-04-07 22:39:11 -0700 (Wed, 07 Apr 2004) $
# $LastChangedBy: blair $
#
# Copyright (C) 2001 Guilherme Carvalho Chehab.  All Rights Reserved.
#

I've emailed Guilherme asking if he could assign the GPL license to his code so
we can in good faith make modifications and improvements to the script.
However, I haven't heard back from him.

Once we get this issue resolved, I'll gladly include any patches you come up with.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/