[Orca-users] SE Toolkit 3.4 and Solaris 10

Liston Bias bias at pobox.com
Sat Feb 12 12:07:33 PST 2005

I installed SE Toolkit 3.4 and latest orca snapshot on Sunfire 240 running
Solaris 10.  I ran into some issues, but it seems to be working well now
although I haven't tried verifying the data in the graph yet.

Snapshot used was r412 from:

   http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/snapshots/

1)  When I installed, I get a file for lib/SE/3.4 instead of directory
(the file looks like workinfo_class.se).

This Error prevented the orcallator data gathering process from starting.

I seem to have fixed this by changing 3.4 to a directory, and populating
with stuff from:

   http://svn.orcaware.com/repos/trunk/orca/lib/SE/3.4/

2)  The Graphs for following showed up as invalid links.

Daily alpha Interface Deferred Packet Rate
Daily alpha Interface Collisions
Daily alpha Interface Nocanput Rate
Daily alpha Disk Run Percent
Daily alpha Disk Service Time

The explanation and patch indicated in prior posting to list seems to
resolve this issue:

   http://www.orcaware.com/pipermail/orca-dev/2004-July/000528.html

3)  When I start the orca graph generation, I was the following error:

Argument "2.121_02" isn't numeric in subroutine entry at
/usr/local/orca/bin/orca line 51.

The line listed is where the data dumper module is specified, so I
reloaded it with following... And, even though, it failed half fo the make
test it seems to have solved the issues and I see no other errors.

       % wget
http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/G/GS/GSAR/Data-Dumper-2.101.tar.gz
       % gunzip -c Data-Dumper-2.101.tar.gz | tar xvf -
       % cd Data-Dumper-2.101
       % perl Makefile.PL
       % make
       % make test
       % make install UNINST=1

*** From make test
         Failed 78/162 tests, 51.85% okay
Failed 1/2 test scripts, 50.00% okay. 78/163 subtests failed, 52.15% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 29

4) Lastly, The Sunfire 240 has bge interfaces for which I am seeing
traffic on the graphs okay.  It also showing me output graphs for ge
interfaces for which I have NONE.  This really doesn't concern me, but was
wondering if anyone else has similar similar behavior.

Regards,
Liston