[Orca-users] SE Toolkit 3.4 and Solaris 10

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Sun Feb 13 20:09:01 PST 2005

Liston Bias wrote:
> Another issue I noticed is the /orca_logo.gif is not displaying on any
> of the pages.  I downloaded old image and that seem to be working fine.
>
> Snapshot used was r412 from:
>
>   http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/snapshots/
>
> Regards,
> Liston

Liston,

IIRC, this may be an UTF-8 issue with Perl.  In orca/orca.pl.in, there's this
section of code:

     } elsif (/OPEN (.*)/) {
       $image_filename = "$config_global{html_dir}/$1";
       print "Creating $1.\n" if $opt_verbose;
       if (open(ORCA_WRITE, ">$image_filename")) {
         # Some of these generated files are images, so always open in
         # binary mode.
         binmode ORCA_WRITE;

We may need to take additional steps to ensure that Perl writes the data out
correctly.

What is your LANG set to?  Can you try rerunning Orca and set LANG to C in the
environment:

env LANG=C orca .....

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/