[Orca-users] Orcallator process dies

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Thu Feb 24 14:26:36 PST 2005

I have a somewhat similar configuration, but orca runs just fine.

I have a 3-shelf 3510 array attached to a pair of V440 servers.  Orca is
running on both of them.  I'm not encountering any problems with my
graphs, although I've done some funky stuff in my orcallator.cfg file.
I've attached that cfg file.  My se file is version 1.37, I'm using Orca
0.27 (I think), and the servers are running Solaris 8 using SE 3.3.1 and
Veritas 4.  The number-crunching orca process is running on a Solaris 9
v210 box using NFS to access the data files and write the HTML.

It could be a perl issue -- there are two versions of Perl that could
potentially be in your path.  I found that I had to add
/usr/perl5/5.00503/bin
 to the head of the path in certain circumstances, but that was only
during the install of the man pages for some perl modules, I thought.

--Dragon

Avi Sharma wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have a very similar issue to Perry although I think he is one step
>ahead of me.
>I have 2 3510 arrays attached to our DB servers. I have installed
>orcallator on 2 different machines but orcallator dies on both of them.
>
>I have no idea why this is happening.
>
>Can anyone help please.
>
>Many Thanks
>
>Avi
>

>___________
>
>Avi Sharma
>Unix Systems Administrator
>Cardlink Services Pty Ltd
>Phone: +61 2 96469235
>Email: avi.sharma at cardlink.com.au
>Web:  www.cardlink.com.au
>
>OFFICE:
>Cnr Park Rd & South Parade
>Auburn NSW 2144

	Raytheon

	*David P. Michaels*
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer II W.H.
NPOESS IS
Platform OS Unix
303.344.6840
720.858.5952 fax