[Orca-users] Help: Command failed for target "MD5.o"

sreenath sarikonda sreeredhat at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 11:11:15 PST 2005

> It looks like you're using the version of Perl that
> came with Solaris
> which is at version 5.005_03.  I really recommend
> using a newer version
> of Solaris.  A good one to use is the one from
> ActiveState which is at
> 5.8.6.

 but they have Perl 5.8.5.

> Install one of these and it probably comes with
> Digest::MD5 so you can
> skip compiling some, but not all, Perl modules.
>
> Also, these versions of Perl was probably compiled
> with gcc so it'll
> work better with the gcc on your system.
>
> Regards,
> Blair

Thank you Blair but now I have one more problem.I
installed active state perl and set the path as
follows

/opt/sfw/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

(for gcc)    (for new perl5.8)  (for make)

However I am getting this error

checking for shared library extension... so
checking for the C compiler perl wants to use to build
its modules... ./configure: test: unknown operator
-B/usr/ccs/bin/
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`rrdtool-1.0.40/config.status'
Current working directory /test/orca-0.27/packages
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
sree.