[Orca-users] CPU used by orca itself !!

Garry Ferguson G.Ferguson at servicepower.com
Wed Jan 5 08:24:48 PST 2005

Thanks Leo.
I think I do have the same problem but I can't see how to prevent it.

I use an nfs share as my stoarge area for data from 3 machines. Each
machine
writes to its own sub-directory on the nfs share and filenames are of
the form
orcallator-2004-11-15-000.bz2 , say. The current day's file is bzipped
at
the end of the day and then left in there with all the other files. i.e
after
100 days we have 100 files.

Every 10 mins , when orca runs, it bunzips all 100 files and bzips them
up
again !!! Surely this is not correct!? I thought the rrd files were
there to store
long term data.

Thanks anyone?
Garry