[Orca-users] How to exclude filesystems?

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Wed Jan 26 09:18:21 PST 2005

>You probably want a negative look-ahead assertion, but I must say I
>haven't tried these with orca. Something like
>
>  data      mntP_(?!/(?:vxckpt|checkpoints))(.*)
>
>should work.

Oddly enough, I came to almost exactly the same regexp independently,
after discovering and reading this perl site
<http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl/pod/perlre.pod>.  The one I came up
with that I've verified actually works (even with the 'old' 0.27 orca) is:

    mntP_(/(?!vxckpt|checkp|verita).*)

For a period during the trial & error, it seemed that having mixed
length strings (as in your expression) wasn't working.  Perhaps because
of the way I did the grouping, or maybe web browser caching was
confusing things (though I thought I did a shift-reload after every
'orca -once').  I'll give your expression a try, and see if it changes
anything.  If it works, I'll change it, as your expression is more clear.

Thanks!
--Dragon