[Orca-users] How to exclude filesystems?

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Wed Jan 26 09:25:10 PST 2005

Dmitry Berezin wrote:

> Use awk to print all columns in your data file except for those you
> want to exclude and save the output to a new data file.

The problem with that is that the number of columns can change in the
middle of a file (as with adding a new filesystem, for example).  Also,
regular 'awk' can't handle lines that long (4088 characters).  Though
'gawk' seems capable of working with it.  Still, coding the gawk script
to extract the right column at all times is something I could probably
do, but goes beyond the "easy" part of "easy way to delete columns" I
was looking for. ;)  I see orcallator-column in the distribution .. I
suppose I could start with that.  But I remember hearing about a tool
out there for manipulating the source orca data files.  Hmm,

--Dragon

--

	Raytheon

	*David P. Michaels*
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer II W.H.
NPOESS IS
Platform OS Unix
303.344.6840
720.858.5952 fax