[Orca-users] Orca generating undisplayable graphs

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed May 11 14:21:04 PDT 2005

Carroll, Michael (GE Consumer Finance, consultant) wrote:
> I've recently updated my version of Orca with the latest release from the development tarball (r393)
>
> All is working fine except that Orca is now generating HTML pages whose filenames are unloadable with my browser.
>
> e.g. http://<web server>/o_<hostname>_gauge_volatile_disk_runp_((?_c\d+t\d+d\d+)|(?_c\d+d\d+)|(?_[ms]d\d+)|(?_c\d+t([A-Z0-9]{32})d\d+)).html
>
> I have seen some references in the mailing list to others with the same issue, but the solution posted (I think) was to use the 'volatile' tag in the config file, but Blair later indicated that this has now been obsoleted and Orca determines automatically that the graph is volatile.
>
> There is nothing wrong with the actual *.png files themselves since I can load them manually if I rename them.
>
> Can anyone indicate where to start looking for the problem ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael Carroll

Hi Michael,

This bug has been fixed in the most current release of Orca (0.28.0 dev
454) or later, which you can download from

http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/snapshots/

Let me know if this does or does not work for you.

Here's the change log message for this fix:

     Fix a bug with the new volatile processing code where a ? character
     can now appear in the HTML and image filenames when the 'data'
     parameter in an Orca configuration file contains a ? character.
     Filenames containing a ? character can not be download by the
     browser because the web server interprets the ? character as the
     start of a CGI parameter name=value pair query string and removes
     the query portion from the URL when it looks for the file in the
     filesystem and hence does not open() the correct filename.

Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<blair at orcaware.com>
Subversion and Orca training and consulting
http://www.orcaware.com/consulting/