[Orca-users] Perl errors constantly present in log...

Darren Kukulka darren.kukulka at beacon.com.au
Tue May 24 23:18:23 PDT 2005

Blair,

Regarding a comment you made on my issue of these types of errors in the
system log (relating to orcallator.pl);

May 25 14:05:00 host1 procallator.pl: Use of uninitialized value in
numeric lt (<) at /usr/local/bin/procallator.pl line 106, <F_STAT> line
9.
May 25 14:05:00 host1 procallator.pl: Use of uninitialized value in
numeric lt (<) at /usr/local/bin/procallator.pl line 201, <F_STAT> line
12.

------- extract from the usenet thread ------
Peter Shattuck wrote:

> Can you print out your at /usr/local/bin/procallator.pl
>
> If you have done any modifications to it, it could be a syntax error,
> without seeing the file, I can only guess.
>
> Peter Shattuck

This file always produced warnings like that, and with the 2.6 kernel
series, it generates even more warnings.  It needs a good cleaning up,
both from bugs like this and to use a good Perl coding style.

I've tried to reach the author to have him add a known license to it,
but I haven't gotten a response yet.

---------------------------------------

Can we do anything about these errors in lieu of an update from the
"author"?

Regards,

Darren Kukulka
Systems Manager

Beacon  1 Howard Street Perth WA 6000
Phone: 08 9486 8500     Fax: 08 9486 8566
Mobile: 0423 817 588
ABN 44 070 041 824
www.beacon.com.au

If you no longer give consent to receive information from Beacon contact
unsubscribe at beacon.com.au
This email message and any attachments are confidential.   If you are
not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or
copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited.  This email and
any attachments are also subject to copyright.  No part of them may be
reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written permission of the
copyright owner.  If you have received this email in error please
immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the message
from your system.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the
company.