[Orca-users] Orcallator hourly but on a specific time in the past

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Wed May 25 17:06:20 PDT 2005

Stoltzfus, Mark (HQP) wrote:

>      I finally had some time to work on this.  It's pretty basic, but it
> does speed up the process somewhat.  The assumption is that you have
> your primary ("source") orca configuration, complete with it's own
> config file, data directory, rrd directory, etc. and then a secondary
> ("destination") orca configuration, similar to the primary, but with
> it's own config file, it's own data directory (albeit empty), and it's
> own rrd directory (which the script cleans every run by default, but can
> preserve if -p is specified).
>
>      I chose to enable hourly plots in my secondary configuration, which
> is particularly nice and granular since I have SAMPLE_INTERVAL set to 60
> on my collectors.  It currently supports reading data files that are not
> compressed or have been compressed with gzip or bzip2, which it filters
> by timestamp and writes out uncompressed into the secondary
> configurations data directory.
>
>      I've included a sample run as well as the usage message.  I've used
> it a little bit so far without problems.  Hopefully other folks will
> find it useful as well.
>
> FYI,
>
> Mark

Mark,

Would you be interested in hosting this code in the contrib area of
Orca's repository?

http://www.orcaware.com/svn/repos/trunk/orca/contrib/

I would ask that you turn on good Perl style coding by changing

#!/bin/perl

#!/bin/perl -w

and add

use strict;

near the top of the file.  Also, remove the warnings about the version
keyword.

Also, using an indent of 2 or 4 characters would be nice, because the
code seems pretty wide on an 80 character tty.

Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<blair at orcaware.com>
Subversion and Orca training and consulting
http://www.orcaware.com/svn/