[Orca-users] SE Toolkit solaris 10 i386

Cockcroft, Adrian acockcroft at ebay.com
Thu Nov 3 08:03:13 PST 2005

The direct kernel access stuff doesn't work, but most of the tools don't need it.

The virtual_adrian.se script that you are running is designed to be used in non-root mode where it can't access the kernel anyway, so its tolerant to this error and will continue to monitor the system. Part of the startup tuning check functionality is disabled, but it isn't relevant to Solaris 10 anyway.
orcallator.se doesn't need direct kernel access either.

Adrian