[Orca-users] HP RAID controller

Paul Woodward pwoodward at wwf.org.uk
Thu Aug 3 07:37:50 PDT 2006

I should clarify.  I installed orca and procallator on my PC.  Worked fine.  I tried to compile/install orca and procallator onto server with HP RAID controller, and it wouldn't work.  So I copied the all procallator files to the server, and it runs procallator to gather the data.

Finally, I setup an rsync job to copy the data /usr/local/var/orca/procallator/hostname to the PC.  Now when the PC runs orca it generates plots for both computers.  I just don't get the disk stats.

I've tried editing the procallator script on the server as follows:
 old:            if ( $line =~ /sd|hd/ ) {    # just IDE or SCSI disks
 new:            if ( $line =~ /cciss/ ) {    # just RAID disks

I think procallator is now doing the right thing, but nothing is plotted by orca.

Paul W.

This e-mail is confidential and may contain privileged information. If you
are not the addressee it may be unlawful for you to read, copy,
distribute, disclose or otherwise use the information in this e-mail. If you
are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately. Views or
opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of WWF.

<<<<GWAVAsig>>>>