[Orca-users] Problem running Orca 525: Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Feb 14 20:40:53 PST 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 6:16 AM, Tonij T. wrote:

>> From: Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com>
>
>> BTW, the start_orca_services is not the script that starts Orca.
>> Orca_services is a separate data gathering tool, much like
>> orcallator  and procallator.  So I'm guessing that's not what you
>> want to be  running, unless you explicitly set it up.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Blair
>>

> Oops, that makes sense.  For some reason I thought that was the new
> startup script.
>
> I took a look at the current startup script in /etc/init.d and all
> it is doing is this:
>
> /usr/local/bin/orca -d /usr/local/lib/orcallator.cfg
>
> So I modified it to start the new version:
> /usr/local/orca5/bin/orca -d /usr/local/orca5/etc/orcallator.cfg
>
> When I run it, nothing appears to happen.  The prompt comes back
> after a couple of seconds with no output.  I dont see any orca
> processes running so I am not sure what is happening.  By default,
> does Orca do any logging on the state it is in?

The -d command line option to orca means to daemonize the process,
which puts it into a background mode and detaches it from the
terminal.  That's why it returns almost immediately.

As suggested by David, you can either use the -logfile option in
conjunction with -d, or remove the -d and use the -v options to see
what's going on.