[Orca-users] ORCA ported to windows ?

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Fri Feb 24 08:34:51 PST 2006

Blair Zajac wrote:
> Since Orca is in Perl, yes, you can run Orca on Windows.
>
> There is a data gathering tool named winallator that can be used to
> gather statistics.

Actually, winallator is really just a patch to SourceFile.pm that allows
it to parse Windows "perfmon" output.  You need to use perfmon to gather
the data, and use the winallator patch to modify Orca so it can read the
perfmon output.

Blair, I believe the latest winallator patch I posted does not interfere
with SourceFile.pm's ability to read other formats.  It might be time to
just incorporate the changes into the next SourceFile.pm rev, and either
get rid of the data_gatherers/winallator directory, or replace it with
something akin to the aixallator, but for Windows.  (Aside from
'netstat', I wouldn't know where to start on Windows performance
gathering--are there Perl libraries for such for Windows?  Does perfmon
have a command-line interface?).

Cheers,
--Dragon