[Orca-users] Orcallator.se crashes on GLOBAL_net[3]

Alex Kiernan alex.kiernan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 09:10:04 PST 2006

On 24/02/06, Cockcroft, Adrian <acockcroft at ebay.com> wrote:
> Look in /opt/RICHPse/etc/se-defines (I think thats right from memory) it lets you control which devices get included or excluded by the interpreter. Are you using the latest development build of orca?

Yes, and setoolkit too.

> Also I thought we had made all the classes dynamic by now, so the GLOBAL_net array should be resized at runtime if needed. I can't remember and I don't have the code handy.

Even if it did resize, I'd get a bunch of entries I don't want.

> Also what is a dmfe, and why are their three kstats per interface?

Its the NIC on a V100/X1, but the X4100/X4200 have the same problem -
they use an e1000, but have the same behaviour with multiple kstats
per interface:

  e1000g.0.statistics
  e1000g0.0.e1000g0/0
  e1000g.0.e1000g0
  e1000g.1.statistics
  e1000g1.0.e1000g1/0
  e1000g.2.statistics
  e1000g2.0.e1000g2/0
  e1000g.3.statistics
  e1000g3.0.e1000g3/0

This is the real nub of the problem, setoolkit matching rules don't
let you pull out just the e1000g.0.e1000g0 entry, it picks up the
entire set. I haven't yet figured out how to persuade netif.se to skip
over the ones I don't want (without breaking it entirely :),
alternatively I could  augment the matching in setoolkit so it doesn't
return the ones which aren't wanted.

--
Alex Kiernan