[Orca-users] Need some help.

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Fri Feb 24 09:22:04 PST 2006

Cho, John wrote:

> Admittingly,
>
> I'm not web-server savvy and still pretty new to Orca...
>
> But all that aside, I managed to compile orca (and the slew of other
> Perl modules and tools needed).
>
> I  believe its running -- even managed to configure the apache server
> to allow me to see the orca pages.
>
> But, I am not seeing any .png files being generated.  I can see that
> data is coming into my orcaserver and that rrd tool is processing that
> data.  But there doesn't seem to be any png output (I have the libpng
> libraries also in place).

Double-check your orcallator.cfg file for the html_dir line (should be
on the first page, around line 28).  Your png files should be showing up
in subdirectories (one per host) under that directory.  If not, then
something is amiss.

Another option is to run orca manually with:

orca -verbose -logfile /place/for/big/logfile /your/orca/dir/orcallator.cfg

Then check the logfile for information (or just leave -logfile /blah out
of it, and it'll spew stuff to the screen).

Cheers,
--Dragon