[Orca-users] Reducing the polling time in orca

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Fri Feb 24 09:38:31 PST 2006

Cho, John wrote:

> Orca-gurus,
>
> As I slowly move out of cluelessness -- I was wondering if there is
> some documentation on how to reduce the polling time for the graphs to
> say 15 min?  I understand this will probably be in the *cfg file.

I think that's defined by the "interval" line in the orcallator.cfg file
(mine's set to 300 [seconds]).

> Has anyone benched marked their orcaserver to poll say 5 minutes?

Mine is set to 300 seconds (5 minutes).  My orca process crunches data
for about 65 hosts (mix of AIX, Windows, and Solaris), and only consumes
about 100 minutes of CPU per day on a single-processor 1GHz
UltraSparc-IIIi.SunFire v210 with 512MB of RAM (grunt grunt).

Cheers,
--Dragon