[Orca-users] winallator SourceFile patch error

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Tue Jan 3 10:04:05 PST 2006

Back around build 411 days, I constructed a patch for winallator that
would deal with EOL issues, blank fields, and verbosity setting (versus
always printing the line to the log, which generates tons of logs).  I
thought I had submitted it to the build stream, but evidently not.  In
any event, it did not test for a Windows-perfmon-type file, so it did
break Unix data files.

Blair, if you like, I can take the task to tweak SourceFile.pm and get
it to work with both Unix and Windows data files.  I think it should be
easy to test the format of the timestamp field to distinguish whether it
is unix-style or windows-style, and convert it appropriately.  I can
also reintroduce the verbosity test to reduce the logfile noise.

--Dragon