[Orca-users] Orca on AIX 5.3 with LPAR

Dave "Dragon" Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Fri Jan 27 16:51:18 PST 2006

GKP Tharan wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> We are running Orca 0.28  (Dev 385) on Solaris 9. The Sun system
> collects the orcallalotor data from AIX & Sun to publish it.
>
> For AIX 5.3, I am using the following orca.pl (script). Then the
> percollotar data is copied to the Sun by using rsync.
>
> Is  there any latest version of this script that does support AIX 5.3
> & LPAR?

Yes, I have a newer version of the script that I've modified from
Rajesh's last change.  He and I are using it now (at least, I think he's
using it), and I'm pretty sure we have a 5.3 machine running it as well.

Here is the location for the AIX script we're using.  Note: though it
mentions "tsm", it won't include those stats unless you have TSM
installed.  You will have to manually modify some variables near the top
of the file to fit your environment (OUT_ROOT, INTERVAL, and DURATION).

http://rooth.org/orca/orca-aixtsm-stat.pl

Here's the RC script I use to launch it at boot, in /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/Sorca :

http://rooth.org/orca/run-aix-collector.rc

The script still needs a bit of refining, but you should find it useful.

Cheers,
--Dragon