[Orca-users] Orcallator problem on Solaris 10 domain

J S js.tech.mailer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 12:09:12 PST 2006

 I'm having success using the following method.

Install Sun Engineer Toolkit (RICHPse) 3.4+

Copy /export/admin/orca/diskinfo.se.Sol10.patched to
/opt/RICHPse/include/diskinfo.se
Copy /export/admin/orca/orcallator.se.SE.Sol10.patched to
/opt/RICHPse/orcallator/orcallator.se
chgrp sys /opt/RICHPse/bin/se.sparcv9

Install SUNWspro into /opt

Ensure the path order, and definitely add pod2man in your path.
export
PATH=$PATH:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/perl5/5.8.4/bin

Copy orca-snapshot-r529.tar.bz2 or above into /export/install (install dir)

./configure --with-html-dir=/usr/local/orca

make
make install
make orcallator_run_at_boot

test the startup by running /usr/local/bin/start_orcallator

if it starts without segfaulting, you're fine.

Changes to  /opt/RICHPse/include/diskinfo.se

for (ld = readdir(dirp); ld != 0; ld = readdir(dirp)) {
      // grow the array if needed
      if (count == GLOBAL_diskinfo_size) {
        GLOBAL_diskinfo_size += 4;
        GLOBAL_disk_info = renew GLOBAL_disk_info[GLOBAL_diskinfo_size];
      }
     // 09-12-2005 Carl Hack to stop segmentation faults - must be a bug in
readdir -
      if (ld > 18446744071543217903) {
        continue;
      }
     // get the segmentation fault here when ld is > 18446744071543217903
     // jsutch 20060805

      dp = *((dirent_t *) ld);
      dp = *((dirent_t *) ld);
Changes to /opt/RICHPse/orcallator/orcallator.se

// Enable the raw disk measuring code.
// This is commented out to get out of the FLTBOUNDS overflow
//#define USE_RAWDISK           1