[Orca-users] Charting Procallator Collected data

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Fri Jan 26 08:56:45 PST 2007

Importing procollator data into Excel should be pretty
straight-forward.  The columns are tab-delimited, I think.

I have a procedure by which I bring orcallator files into Excel.  I
can't imagine procollator files being much different.  It goes sort of
like this:

   1. Concatenate all interesting files into one large file, and give it
      a .tsv extension
   2. Open the file in Excel.  You'll be prompted by the Text Import Wizard
   3. 1st step of the Wizard: declare the data to be delimited (versus
      fixed-width).  Click Next.
   4. 2nd step:  define the delimiter as Tab (or whatever your
      delimiting character actually is/are, if different).  Click Next.
   5. 3rd step:  optionally identify columns that you don't want to
      import (this can be handy if the file is very big).  You can also
      define data types for your columns.  "General" is fine for all of
      them, though you may wish to make the first column of the Date
      type.  I usually do this after the file has been loaded, by
      selecting the column and going to Format -> Cells, and defining it
      as the Date type with the default format (in the file, it's in
      seconds since the epoch, I think, but Excel figures it out).

--Dragon