[Orca-users] Windows Scripts

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Wed May 23 13:59:47 PDT 2007

There's a "winallator" directory in the "data_gatherers" directory of
the distribution.  It contains instructions for patching SourceFile.pm
so that it will handle Windows files generated by the Windows service,
"perfmon" (there's a README in the winallator directory that will
instruct you on how to set up perfmon on a Windows box).  I am working
on an update to that SourceFile.pm patch, though, and intend to get it
submitted for release in a future snapshot.  If you'd like to help me
test this new patch, that would be great.

There's a "winallator.cfg" there also, that will help you to create or
modify your existing orcallator.cfg file to accommodate the Windows fields.

In my environment, I have a standard template I can use when creating a
new "counter" on a Windows machine.  Each Windows machine writes its
output to a Samba share on my unix machine.  Those files are then
synchronized to a common location (this is an unnecessary step, but it
makes me happy).  Orca then processes those files just like any other
unix data file, and produces graphs for them in a group I've specified
in orcallator.cfg.

If you like, I can send you that template also.  It's used when you
create a new counter ("New Log Settings From ..." uses a template versus
"New Log Settings" uses manual entry)

Cheers,
--Dragon